Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. 'Dragonslayer'

March 26, 2011. And so life as Mrs. 'Dragonslayer' has officially begun. What a truly amazing day. Although it was snowing that day, which wasn't expected, I wouldn't of changed a thing. Being a wife is better than I ever thought I could imagine, although I still have much to learn, like:

1. How to cook for a gluten free husband
2. How to wash Underarmor
3. Figure out a cool way to sign my new last name
4. How to accept that my husband has a bigger shoe obsession than I do. 
5. Many more to come...

Through all the changes of marriage, such as moving in together, sharing a closet, compromising on what tv show to watch, I will admit one of the biggest adjustments has been changing my last name. So much that I almost considered not changing it all. Not because I don't believe in tradition, but rather because I grieved the process of losing my former name. Thank goodness I have an amazing and loving husband who comforted my loss and supported the joining of our lives by choosing a neutral last name for our brand new family. The 'Dragonslayers'. :) Ok, so we're not really changing our last name, as I do thoroughly enjoy my real married name (although Dragonslayer is a close second).

Married Life Lesson #4 And through it all I continue to embrace being a Mrs. as it has shown me that it's not about losing a last name, but rather about gaining a new family (cue sappy violin music). Married life has brought me more joy and purpose than all that I have accomplished in my life thus far. I can't wait for what the rest of life has to offer our new little family (I just hope it's a certain little fat dog back home named Sadie Lou). Until then, let the fun (and challenges) begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment